Münster, Germany & remote
AQUATY - Making Venture Equity Accessible
We are seeking a Legal Counsel (male/female/diverse) to work with us on all legal matters related to venture capital, digitalization, tokenization, and regulatory affairs. In this role, you will serve as the legal point of contact for both internal stakeholders (management, advisory board, and investors) and external specialists. You will receive training and support from our Co-Founder Robert (Head of Operations, Legal & Finance) as you take on a variety of tasks and projects.
AQUATY was founded by a tech entrepreneur, a former Managing Director at McKinsey, and a Chartered Accountant with the goal of increasing accessibility to equity in the venture capital market. By developing digital and decentralized solutions along the entire venture capital value chain, we aim to remove barriers to entry and provide a platform for investors, founders, and venture partners to connect and collaborate. Our software tool guides users through the financing process and enables the management and future trading of shares (establishment of a secondary market). In mid-2021, we closed our first financing round with a seven-figure sum and attracted notable investors. We have already demonstrated proof of concept on the market and are diligently working towards the launch of our product in 2022.
As a FinTech startup, we have no shortage of legal issues and projects ...
... but currently we need you especially for the following projects:
- Participating in the development and automation of venture capital contracts (term sheet, SHA/IA, CapTable, etc.)
- Analyzing regulatory requirements for crypto custody and crypto transfer in collaboration with our tokenization service provider
- Supporting all regulatory matters and inquiries with BaFin and CSSF (financial supervisory authority in Luxembourg)
- Optimizing and establishing an international company structure
- Providing legal support and preparatory measures for market entry in other European countries
- Supporting, assisting, and representing the company in various legal matters
What we desire from you
- Enthusiasm for the venture capital/startup scene combined with a passion for regulatory matters
- Determination and endurance to learn about and advance in a variety of legal topics
- Entrepreneurial thinking and action, as well as the ability to work independently and responsibly
- Affinity for digital products and applications
- You are a fully qualified lawyer
- Relevant professional experience in one or more of the aforementioned areas is desired
- Fluent in German and English, able to communicate and understand legal documents in both languages (legal English)
- Your career path does not have to be linear - we welcome applications from those with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- With AQUATY, you can find and shape your own path with our support
- Flexible working hours and the option for remote work (“remote first”) are integral to our company culture
- Our office is located in Münster, near the harbor
- In addition to a competitive startup salary, we offer a budget for personal and professional development, flexible vacation policies, and team events
- You will be part of a diverse and inclusive team with a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunity to contribute to and shape the direction of a rapidly growing company
If you are interested in joining our team and supporting our vision, please send your application (cover letter, CV, and relevant documents) to email@example.com. We look forward to receiving your application and getting to know you better. For further questions please contact Robert (firstname.lastname@example.org).